- Always number one on my list is my children. They have changed me and my life in more ways than I can count.
- My parents. When I knew I was getting a divorce, the first people I told were my parents; even though I thought they’d be disappointed with me. Guess what? All I received from them were hugs and a lot of unconditional love. My parents have been my number one supporters over the years.
- My sisters. We’ve had our differences over the years but you know what? They’re pretty cool. And they are not just my sisters, they are my friends.
- I am grateful for all of my friends, old and new. One of the things that amazes me is the fact that I am still in touch with people I knew in kindergarten! Over the years a lot of people have come into my life. Some are no longer there. Many still are; even if it is in a small capacity like being in touch through Facebook.
- I am grateful for my life; and this point where I am at today. Everything that has happened to me over the course of my life (the past few years especially) have brought me to the place where I am at today. I can honestly say that I am at a place where I know peace and complete joy.
One of the things that someone told me when I was going through my divorce was to envision the life that I wanted to have. I was at a point of complete hopelessness, and couldn’t imagine my life getting any better. The question I was asked was: When I knew happiness and joy, where would I be?
The answer is Here.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I hope this day finds you with lots of things to be grateful for.